Monday, October 15, 2012

Today

    Today, tired as I am, I am having a feeling of peace and satisfaction with what is going on in my tiny corner of the world. I see life falling into place for those I love, and this makes me nearly speechless with sheer and utter delight. I see my beloveds finding their way in the world, navigating life, finding love and happiness, success, and it is all I can do to contain myself and resist the urge to run down the road singing in jubilation. There is a tightness in my chest and the pricking of tears, but not from stress, or pain, or Melancholy, but out of overwhelming joy and happiness. It seems as if so much is falling into place in my life and the lives of those most important to me. I can't quite pinpoint the moment when it seems that we truly turned the corner into a new world. Maybe it started last winter, but I just couldn't see it through the haze. Maybe it was with the coming of spring. Maybe it was in August when The Bean made his glorious entrance into the world. Maybe it just happened, as the final pieces fell into place creating a wholeness, an alternate reality, a wonderful new chapter. I don't know when it happened, and it doesn't really matter. What matters is that it has happened.
    Yes, I know that there are days coming when I will doubt this occurrence, this is why I write. I put these thoughts to page so I can read and remember. So in the cold, dark days of winter I can remind myself of the glory of my life. When the demons are hissing in my ear, riding my shoulder, I can keep them at bay with my own words, my own assurances. I will know then, as I know now, that on this day all seems right with my world. Even if it is a fleeting moment, I cherish it, hold it tight within my heart, rejoice in the reality. Today, life is good. Today, Life is as it should be, and all is well with my world. I cannot ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment