Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Crowing. Just A Little.

    Is it inappropriate for me to crow about myself? Just a little? I guess this is my blog and I can write what I want, when I want to. Correct? Yes, so say I. My exultation is in myself, particularly, my Body. Body has done me right these last six months or so, stepping up and carrying Brain and Spirit through fire, flood, war and pestilence. Body has borne the load, and done so splendidly. And now, I look in the mirror and see Body as I have not seen in 30 years. 165lbs and fit, I am slimmer and more toned than at any given point in my life. My hips are no longer wider than my shoulders, my stomach is flat and corded with steel. Yes, there is still that bit of softness down below my bellybutton that proves I am female and the mother of two. My shoulders are broad and square, my arms slender and defined, my legs are sexier than they have ever been. And my ass? Damn, girlfriend, my ass is so fine it even gets bitten now and then. Yes, I am resisting the urge to put the smiley face emoticon there. Seriously though, for the first time in my life I am rockin' the Speedo in a size 10. Yeah, 10. Sure, jeans are a size 12, but I am far more likely to be seen in a miniskirt these days, even on the Harley. And I gotta say, miniskirt, belted leather jacket, on a Harley? Fuck yeah. Yeah, it's like that.
    Yes, my ego is beginning to feel healed, and cocky even. An ego that has suffered for too long. Too long feeling inadequate, unwanted, unworthy. Now, wanted, needed, appreciated, understood. For far too long have I felt that I could and should be more, do more with my body. Long have I felt I was wasting this gift from the gods. To be gifted with a tall, strong, athletic build and not strive towards fitness, speed, strength, agility, could be a sin against nature. I finally feel as if I am treating my body as the true temple that it is. And through this temple I am also tending Brain and Spirit with all the care, nurturing, protection, reverence and awe that they deserve. For that is what it is truly about, treating the Whole of Me with the awe and reverence due to a true gift. Are not all bodies amazing and awe inspiring? Even flawed as we all are, the whole of what makes each of us unique is wonderfully and perfectly imperfect. We are all gifts from the Powers That Be. Gifts that should not be undervalued or squandered. I love Body, Brain and Spirit and vow to cherish what I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment