Monday, February 11, 2013

Upside Down


WARNING: DOING SIGNIFICANT, MEANINGFUL AND DEEP INNER WORK MAY CAUSE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE TO BE TURNED UPSIDE DOWN.
    I found this, reading a random article this morning. it was actually the last statement of the article, and tagged on almost as if to lighten the tone of the subject matter, a bit of a joke, as it were. Yet it resonated with me, deeply, down to my very marrow. As one who willingly, and intentionally turned her life upside down by delving deep into the dark corners of her psyche, "resonates" is putting it mildly. Now my life seems to have readjusted to True North, the pendulum has returned to center, the steep, rocky slopes have leveled. I am getting on with a new life that is taking me on unexpected journeys, into exciting new worlds, onto adventurous paths. Turning life upside down it is amazing to see what shakes out, much like turning pockets inside out and seeing how much of the bulk is actually lint and litter. Turning life upside down separates the wheat from the chaff, the coins from the pocket lint, the treasures from the trash. As with all major change, it is neither easy or comfortable, but it is essential for growth and progress. I am so far from where I was a year ago, I am not who I was before, but I am who I once was. I feel as if I have come full circle; from an enthusiastic, wide-eyed, naive, adventurous youth to an enthusiastic, wide-eyed, adventurous woman who know has the benefit knowledge and experience.
    Just a little Random Rambling brought on my a chance phrase found in a rather inconsequential and otherwise forgettable article.

No comments:

Post a Comment