Friday, May 17, 2013

Just A Girl

  I am just a girl. Really. Bone and skin. Hair and muscle. Heart. Brain. Body. Just a girl. I am not a super hero. I do not have super powers. I am not invincible. I am fragile. Delicate. Frail. There seems to be a misguided vibe out there that has made me out to be an unstoppable force, all powerful, unbreakable. I feel broken. And powerless. I am, after all, just a girl. An unraveled, tattered, grubby, bruised, aching, sad girl. Yes, I keep moving forward, making plans, head up, eyes forward, mask in place. I want, just once in a while, to feel safe and protected. I know, in time, I will put the pieces back together, rebuild the armor that has served me well in the past, retreat to my fortress of solitude. Once the retreat is final, I may not venture forth so boldly again, it is a dangerous world out there. A dangerous world, and I am just a girl.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh but you're not just a girl...
    You are a strong and vibrant WOMAN!
    We all have our moments of despair and vulnerability. But when all is said and done it is our own strength we can ultimately rely on!

    ReplyDelete