Sunday, September 4, 2011

Slipping Gears

    Another day of brain slipping gears (okay, more like weeks). I can't keep my mind on any one thing for any length of time. At all. As hard as I try to get involved in a project (of which I have too many) I am as A.D.D. as a squirrel. I take that back, even squirrels can manage to stay on track when gathering their winter stores. I can barely stay on track long enough to wash a handful of dishes.
    I know it is because I have too much going on in my life. Too many changes, too many dilemmas. The only thing that seems to be going smoothly is my art. For that I am truely thankful. When I paint I can submerge myself in the triumph of creation, soothing brush strokes, flowing lines. Maybe I am more productive when stressed, because I close myself off from the world, hide from other responsibilities, avoid decision making. When I am creating the rest of my mind can relax and let thoughts mature and come to fruition on their own, until I know the decisions will be closer to appropriate. There never is a guarantee that any decision or path will be the correct choice, but if I allow my mind to percolate on my problems I do find that the solution will eventually present itself. More or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment