Sunday, December 6, 2015

Herbs and Magic

    Feeling very Witchy today. I cut green boughs to make some simple, fragrant adornments for my beloved little home. I wrapped cinnamon sticks in purple silk ribbon, and made small sachets with celestial fabric, cloves, and chai tea, hung them on my bundle off evergreen boughs to add a simple, homespun festiveness to my space.  Then I clipped herbs and juniper to be made into smudge sticks in the next day or three.
    I am fantasizing about my greenhouse, and what can be done with it. I want to grow herbs with magic properties for magickal gardens. I sat with Cunninghams Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs for an hour, making a list, and pondering ways of making it a viable business. Anyone can grow herbs, but to imbue them with a spark of power will let me leave my mark. It brings my mind always back to a greenhouse. Making it a sacred space, not just a functional workroom. I can see it made with vintage windows, and cluttered with tools, handthrown ceramics, bit and bobs that will bring spirit into the space. It will have a brick pathway that will link it to the patio that is growing from the house to the Fort. I can see this in my mind's eye, just as I can see a small booth at a farmer's market.    
    Feeling the energy flow, taking a gentle day, is more tiring than hard physicality. All I want to do is sip tea, browse seed catalogs, sketch out a few totem designs, and sink into myself. I have spent much of the day with my nose in a book, just for pleasure, not for any other reason. I don't allow myself time like this very often, but today it is fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment