Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Brief Ramble

    A brief Ramble, set off by my last post. I truly believe the reason for my current and future state of contentment and health (mental, emotional, and physical) is because I stopped looking for love and affirmation outside of myself. I have learned to be great company for myself. I enjoy my days in solitude. I have fantastic conversations inside my head (and with my dogs, but that is another matter entirely). I have done so many projects in my little corner of the world to surround myself with cool shit that brings me joy. When I am unhappy with a situation I find a way to change it. If I can't change it, I learn to look at it from another perspective. I choose to live a simple life, a happy life. I have learned that I have the power to control many aspects of my destiny. My hand is at the tiller, I control my path. Too often it is easy to let life pull us along, blaming our woes on everything and anyone, feeling the victim. We can go through life, unhappy, stuck in situations that make us miserable, or we can take charge and make the changes we need to make. No, I don't believe that I can make life all rainbows and kittens by wishing it so. And yes, life still has disappointments, stress, anxiety. But it is how I choose to handle all that comes my way that makes a difference. I have simplified my life on almost every level. I love myself. I love where I have taken myself over the last few years. I don't need anyone to make me complete, make me whole, a yin to my yang. I am complete, whole, amazing, capable. I really do Love My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment